Sunday, July 22
At 11:17 p.m., officers responded to a call reporting a man passed out on Marine Way. Officers checked, and he was just resting.
Monday, July 23
• At 1:01 p.m., an officer found a drunken man on Shelikof Street. He did not meet the criteria to be taken into protective custody.
• At 2:14 a.m., a caller reported a possibly impaired driver on Alimaq Drive. The car could not be found.
• At 3 a.m., a 911 caller reported a man was trying to break down his door on Mill Bay Road. The man was advised against trespassing.
• At 3:36 a.m., the harbormaster’s office requested help removing a man from a recycling bin. He had been trying to hide from the rain and left on request.
• At 4:27 a.m., officers responded to a report of domestic violence on Mission Road and arrested a man for second-degree misconduct involving weapons.
• At 5:47 a.m., a caller on Purtov Street complained that his neighbor was washing his car while playing loud music. The musical offender was gone when officers arrived.
• At 6:20 a.m., a man was arrested for violating conditions of release on Purtov Street.
• At 7:40 a.m., a caller reported a vehicle was blocking his driveway on Thorsheim Street. The car’s owner moved it when asked.
• At 8:10 a.m., a caller reported a beer bottle was thrown at his door on Marine Way East. The bottle shattered, and officers believe it probably came from Fred Zharoff Memorial Bridge. There were no witnesses or subjects.
• At 11:33 a.m., an officer was unable to find a loose dog on Powell Street.
• At 12:26 p.m., an officer was unable to catch a loose dog on Mission Road.
• At 1:08 p.m., a Center Avenue business reported someone stole an object off the wall. The case is under investigation.
• At 1:27 p.m., a man on Rezanof Drive was cited for having no car insurance.
• At 2:51 p.m., a caller on Erskine Avenue reported a suspicious person is looking into nearby vehicles each morning. The caller asked for an extra patrol.
• At 4:19 p.m., a caller on Carolyn Street reported a man keeps looking into a home and lingering around it. An officer explained how to get a restraining order.
• At 5:11 p.m., an officer was unable to catch a loose dog on Hillside Drive.
• At 7:04 p.m., a caller reported a vehicle spun donuts in the Baranof Park parking lot and broke a phone box. The city parks and recreation director reported phone and Internet service was out in the park headquarters.
• At 11:45 p.m., a caller on Cedar Street reported a man sleeping in his car. Officers were advised.
Tuesday, July 24
• At 12:55 a.m., a 911 caller reported her family was having a verbal argument and needed police assistance. The verbal argument resulted in no crime, and the arguers were separated for the rest of the evening.
• At 1:49 a.m., an officer responded to a disabled vehicle on Rezanof Drive. There were no bystanders and the vehicle was not blocking traffic.
• At 4:07 a.m., a man sleeping on Marine Way West left when officers asked.
• At 7:56 a.m., a caller reported a speeding vehicle on Birch Avenue.
• At 9:13 a.m., a caller reported a speeding vehicle passed him in a no-passing construction zone on Rezanof Drive East.
• At 11:54 a.m., a caller requested increased patrols on Mission Road, since more drivers are trying to avoid traffic and are reckless and speeding.
• At 12:52 p.m., a Kodiak resident asked for advice to fight domestic violence.
• At 5:23 p.m., a caller reported a vehicle driving erratically around the Rezanof Drive construction zone, knocking over cones and almost hitting construction vehicles. Officers were unable to find the erratically driving vehicle.