Kodiak Daily Mirror - Troopers to take loose animal calls
Troopers to take loose animal calls
by Daily Mirror Staff
Jul 01, 2011 | 100 views | 0 0 comments | 8 8 recommendations | email to a friend | print
As of today, the City of Kodiak will no longer provide animal control services outside city limits.

Borough residents can contact Alaska State Troopers to report animal cruelty, neglect, aggressive animals, dog bites and barking dogs, according to a release from the Kodiak Police Department.

Previously the Kodiak Island Borough contributed $80,000 per year toward the city’s expenses for employing an animal control officer under the police department. The borough cut the contribution from its budget for fiscal year 2012, which begins today.

At a joint meeting of the Kodiak Borough Assembly and Kodiak City Council Tuesday, Kodiak police chief T.C. Kamai said he expects the animal shelter will continue to accept animals brought from outside city limits.

Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
The Kodiak Daily Mirror encourages a lively exchange of ideas regarding topics in the news. Users are solely responsible for the content. Please keep it clean, respect others and use the 'report abuse' link when necessary. Read our full user's agreement.
Search Our Marketplace
or Search by category