Thursday, July 5
• At 8:54 p.m., police visited a location listed on an Internet site as a “great place to get drugs” and advised the residents of their options.
• At 11:46 p.m., police responded to a disorderly conduct call on Marine Way. The caller reported a man yelled epithets at him. That does not break a law. The yelling man left the area.
Friday, July 6
• At 1:42 a.m., police responded to a man acting suspiciously in a Mill Bay Road business’s parking lot; all was OK.
• At 8:50 a.m., a loose dog was impounded at 17th Avenue and Simeonoff Street.
• At 9:12 a.m., an abandoned vehicle was red-tagged at Simeonoff Street.
• At 12:04 p.m., a woman on Hillside Drive was warned about having her dog leashed.
• At 12:05 p.m., a man on Woody Way was taken into protective custody for threatening suicide.
• At 12:37 p.m. on Hillside Drive, a man was warned about having his dog leashed.
At 12:37 p.m. on Thorsheim Street, Kodiak police helped Alaska State Troopers arrest a hostile man.
• At 2:02 p.m. on Shelikof Street, police responded to a report of a man drinking alcohol in public, but he was gone when officers arrived.
• At 2:27 p.m., a vehicle was cited for a traffic offense on Center Avenue.
• At 3:40 p.m., an intoxicated pedestrian was taken into custody on Marine Way.
• At 4:07 p.m., police responded to a caller on Father Herman Street who said a man dropped full garbage bags near his property earlier in the week. Police said to call right away if it happens again.
• At 7:51 p.m., a Kodiak jail corrections officer needed help removing a man who wouldn’t leave jail on his own.
• At 7:55 p.m., a drunken woman was taken into protective custody on Shelikof Street.
• At 8:36 p.m., police attempted and failed to round up a loose dog on Selief Lane.
• At 8:38 p.m., police picked up a wallet found containing marijuana on Mill Bay Road and logged it for destruction.
• At 9 p.m., a business on Mill Bay Road reported a man was sleeping in front of their doors as they were about to close. The man left when officers asked.
• At 10:35 p.m., police responded to a business on Mill Bay Road after the man who refused to leave the jail walked into the business’s lobby and proceeded to sleep in a chair. He left when officers asked.
• At 11:34 p.m., the man had to be evicted from the front lobby of the Kodiak Police Department after he returned there.
Saturday, July 7
• At 1:25 a.m., an officer told a man trying to start fights on Marine Way to stay out of bars and go home.
• At 4:14 a.m., police responded to a 911 call reporting a drunken driver. The man was arrested for DUI, driving with a suspended license, fourth-degree assault and failing to take a breath test.
• At 4:29 a.m., police broke up a fight on Marine Way. The fighters left when asked.
• At 11:22 a.m., an officer responded to a call on Purtov Street reporting animal neglect. Homeowners reported their neighbors keep a puppy chained up in their backyard with no shelter and limited water. The officer was unable to contact the owners or the caller.
• At 1:55 p.m., an officer warned a car owner on Marine Way to get registered properly.
• At 5:30 p.m., police told a man to leave a Thorsheim Street location. He did.
• At 7:23 p.m., police responded to a suspicious circumstances report on Mill Bay Road. All was OK.
• At 7:29 p.m., a caller reported seeing a man with a canceled license driving on Center Avenue. The vehicle was empty when officers arrived.
• At 7:33 p.m., police were unable to catch a loose dog on Thorsheim Street.
• At 9:22 p.m., police received a call about a drunken woman on Center Avenue. She did not meet the criteria for protective custody.
Sunday, July 8
• At 2:30 a.m., police warned two men drinking from an open container on Marine Way West.
• At 3:33 a.m., police responded to a 911 call reporting a stolen vehicle. The vehicle was empty when police arrived, but the vehicle was recovered.
• At 3:58 a.m., police responding to a call of suspicious circumstances on Thorsheim Street were unable to speak with two people before they fled.
• At 4:18 a.m., police responded to a call of two drunks fighting. The men were not fighting — they were playing around. Police directed them to a cab.
• At 4:23 a.m., a caller reported someone yelling for help on Simeonoff Street. Police were unable to find anyone in the area.
• At 8:33 a.m., police responded to a woman who claimed her vehicle was tampered with after its drive shaft came loose while driving. An officer could not determine if the damage was simply due to excessive wear.
• At 10:37 a.m., police were unable to find a loose dog.
• At 2:46 a.m., a caller reported a man filling his dump truck with gravel. The driver says the landowner gave him permission.
• At 2:54 p.m., a caller told police he is concerned about street racing and excessive speeding inside city limits.
• At 3:02 p.m., police told a couple who left a Center Avenue business without paying to pay their bill.
• At 3:46 p.m., police told three panhandlers on Marine Way that panhandling is against the law in Kodiak.
• At 5:51 p.m., a female driver on Marine Way East was warned to fix numerous violations on her car.
• At 7:28 p.m., a man on Father Herman Street reported people are dropping trash on his lawn again.
• At 7:32 p.m., police responded to a reported drunken driver. The driver was not drunk, just driving badly.
• At 9:06 p.m., police received a 911 call from a person on Mill Bay Road reporting his neighbor’s home was ransacked. Police found the home in perfect condition, and the caller appeared intoxicated.
• At 11:53 p.m., police reunited a loose dog and its owner.
Monday, July 9
• At 12:02 a.m., police responded to a call about loud noises and music from a home on Woody Way. Police heard noise, but no one answered the door.
• At 2:43 a.m., police responded to a vehicle that rolled partially onto Yukon Street. The vehicle’s owner could not be found.
• At 2:58 a.m., police responded to St. Paul Harbor after a drunken man boarded the wrong boat, then almost fell into the harbor. He was taken into protective custody.
• At 3:32 a.m., police helped jump-start a vehicle on Shelikof Street.
• At 6:17 a.m., a driver was cited for no proof of insurance on Rezanof Drive West.
• At 7:49 a.m., a driver was cited for no proof of insurance on Mill Bay Road.